Pip R. Lagenta|
[Most Recent Entries]
Friday, January 18th, 2008
|Ten things that I have done that you probably haven't
I wrote this for Ulrika's "Snorkfrökens Bo" blog, but it took me so long to come up with it, that I thought I should post it here, too. Plus, it makes me look real interesting, and I can't waste that!
This is my version of "Ten Things":
1) I have made over a million phone calls.
2) I cleaned the clubhouse of a science fiction club every week for eleven years.
3) I took viola lessons for two years, but I have never, in my life, ever touched (nor come near) a viola.
4) I have run through a swamp to capture a feral cat, succeeded, and been rewarded with years of that cat’s love.
5) I have lived in the next apartment over from a woman who was (at that time) having an affair with William Shatner.
6) I have been paid by the Catholic Church to care for teenage boys... week in and week out for ten years.
7) I had Harlan Ellison buy from me a copy of a mass-produced book that he wrote, but that he did not know existed until I showed it to him.
8) I have had a character in a Star Trek novel named for me.
9) I have taken "Improvisational Comedy" lessons from a woman who taught "Improvisational Comedy" skills to Robin Williams.
10) When I was eleven years old (in 1970) I went on a school outing, with everyone in my school, into San Francisco to see the stage production of "Hair", nude scene included.
---Pip R. Lagenta